New Age Kurling – School Games Qualifier (Year 5/6)
Date(s) - 06/03/2020
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
iCal - Add to My Calendar
Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre
This is a School Games Qualifying event – the winning team will represent the SSP at the Summer School Games Finals on Friday 3rd July 2020.
Competition – Mixed Ability – No Tier – YEAR 5-6
- Teams will consist of 2 players on court (squads of 3 max)
- Each player delivers stones corresponding to their team colour, red or blue, towards the target at the opposite end of the court.
- Stones can be propelled using any part of the body or using a pusher, providing that the player is behind the delivery line on releasing the stone.
- Individuals/teams take it in turns to deliver the first stone of an end. The individual/team going first in the first end should be determined by a toss of a coin.
- Each game consists of either four or six ends. An end is completed when all eight stones have been played.
- A team scores one point for each stone that is closer to the centre than any opposition stone.
- At the completion of four/six ends, the points scored on each end are added together. The individual/team with the highest total score wins.Place one target at each end of your chosen playing area. Do not place the targets exactly opposite each other but offset. Make (chalk, tape, etc.) a throw line alongside each target. Players stand (or sit) behind this line to throw but are allowed to put one foot over it.The object of the game is to place your ‘stone(s)’ as near as possible to the white centre of the target. The nearest ‘stone’ is a 1 point win for that colour.
Win = 5 points; Draw = 3 points; Loss = 1 point
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DAY:
- Children to bring suitable clothing/ footwear for indoor courts
- Light refreshments
- Any medication required
The winning team will qualify for the Summer School Games on Friday 3rd July 2020
- King Street Primary
- Dean Bank
- Stephenson Way Academy
- StMichaels CofE
- Woodham Burn
- Coxhoe Primary
- Sedgefield Hardwick
- St John's C of E Primary
- Sedgefield Primary
This event is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to book your place on the waiting list.